Friday, November 27, 2009

Great Adoption News

No, not in our immediate family but I am ridiculously overjoyed to announce that my cousin, Karine, and my great Manitoba neighbours, Rhonda and Garth, have both welcomed new additions to their families.

As an adoptee myself I am one of their biggest cheer leaders - but am also over-the-top proud that I was able to write reference letters for both of them during their adoption processes to talk about how they were THE perfect candidates to be adoptive parents.

My cousin Karine has welcomed her first little girl, Beatrice, who arrived in early November from Haiti. She is doing so well with her new mommy - and her grandparents think the world of this little cutie. I am not sure when I will get to meet Beatrice but I am so happy that she has fit into her new life with her new mommy so perfectly!!!!




Rhonda and Garth, my great neighbours in Pinawa MB, welcomed home new little Zoey (their second daughter), also in early November. Big sister Andie looks very proud too! I have not met Zoey yet because I left MB before she arrived - but I am looking forward to meeting her in the spring when I return to MB.



I am SOOO happy for both families and can not express how proud I am that you have found these little girls that were truly meant to be yours.

No comments: